Customer Service - FAQs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DOES YOUR COMPANY TEST ON ANIMALS?
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is committed to the elimination of animal testing. We are equally committed to consumer health and safety, and bringing to market products that comply with applicable regulations in every country in which our products are sold.
We do not conduct animal testing on our products or ingredients, nor ask others to test on our behalf, except when required by law. We evaluate our finished products in clinical tests on volunteer panels.
Estée Lauder fully supports the development and global acceptance of non-animal testing alternatives. To this end, the Company works extensively with the industry at large and the global scientific community to research and fund these alternatives.
WHERE CAN I BUY ESTÉE LAUDER PRODUCTS?
We apologise for discontinuing your favourite Estée Lauder product. Please keep in mind that when a product or shade is discontinued, it is not done impulsively, but by taking into account many factors. Decisions to discontinue or introduce a product or size are made in response to consumer preferences and purchasing patterns throughout the country. Please email us with the name/shade of your favourite product that has been discontinued and we will forward the information to all appropriate executives.
CAN I GET A JOB AT ESTÉE LAUDER?
We are always in search of bright, energetic individuals to represent Estée Lauder. To learn more about the exciting opportunities available within our corporate office, or at an Estée Lauder Counter, please visit our Careers page:
Thank you for understanding that we can only respond if there is a position available that is suited to your qualifications.
HOW DOES ESTÉE LAUDER CONDUCT PRODUCT SAFETY TESTING?
Consumer safety has always been top priority at The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. Therefore, our product safety testing requires collaboration of experts across several sciences, including toxicology, microbiology, environmental chemistry, manufacturing, and engineering. To ensure the safety of all products brought to market by The Estée Lauder Companies, formulations and their packaging must exceed the high Company standards for ingredient preservation and stability, product efficacy, and package compatibility.
The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. employs extensive Research and Development teams at its state-of-the-art laboratories. Primarily responsible for continuous exploration of new technologies in advanced skin care and makeup development, R&D works with suppliers and leading universities where research is conducted in dermatology, skin aging, and cellular biology.All Estée Lauder Companies products are tested for irritants and allergens using biological assays and human volunteers. We do not test our products on animals, nor do we ask others to conduct animal testing on our behalf.
We are proud of the enviable safety record The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. has sustained since our company was founded in 1946, and of our continued commitment to producing quality products that are clean, pure, and safe.
WHAT IS ESTÉE LAUDER DOING ABOUT REACH, THE NEW EU CHEMICALS REGULATION?
Click here to learn more about REACH – for Consumer, Web Site, and Media Responses.
MY INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER FILTERS UNWANTED EMAIL AND SPAM. COULD THESE FILTERS BLOCK EMAIL THAT I WISH TO RECEIVE?
Yes, they may. Spam filters can restrict wanted email as well as unwanted email. If you believe this is happening, please consult the help section of your email program or contact your ISP directly to see how to relax or remove the settings that filter or block email. Many email programs allow you to designate messages from esteelauder.com as legitimate email, ensuring that all future correspondence regarding your esteelauder.com order will be accepted. If you have further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Some helpful tips:
- IF YOU USE AOL
- Open the email message.
- Click "Add to Address" icon.
- The name and email address from email are pre-populated in the Add Contact pop-up. Verify that the information in these fields is correct.
- Click "Save".
- IF YOU USE YAHOO
- Open the email message
- Click the "Add to Address Book" link on the far right.
- The address will be automatically entered into your Yahoo! Address Book.
- IF YOU USE HOTMAIL
- Open the email message.
- Click "Save Address(es)" at the top of the message header.
- IF YOU USE MSN
- Open the email message.
- Click "Save Addresses" on the right.
- Select the check box next to the address you want to save. You can also make changes to the contact information.
- Click "Save."
I AM SWITCHING INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS. HOW CAN I BEGIN RECEIVING SPECIAL OFFERS AT MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS?
If you are a registered member of esteelauder.co.za, you can easily change any of your personal information on esteelauder.co.za by signing in, clicking on "My Account" and following the onscreen instructions.
Click here to change your email address now.
If you are not yet a registered member, we recommend that you sign up for our free email newsletter. You'll hear about free samples, free shipping and other special offers. And you'll be among the first to know about the latest launches and looks. It's free, fun and absolutely fabulous — click here to sign up today.
DO YOU OFFER PRIVATE APPOINTMENTS?
Whether it's your wedding, a fancy office party, or a romantic anniversary dinner, we'd be happy to help make your special event a truly beautiful one.
At the Estée Lauder Counter: You are always welcome to stop by for a complimentary makeover or Two-Minute Touch-up. These services are free at every Estée Lauder Counter, every day, as part of our Signature Services. For more in-depth bridal consultations and makeovers, please note that each store has its own policy, based on a variety of factors including scheduling and availability. Therefore, it is always advisable to call the Estée Lauder Counter to inquire about whether the service is available and to set up an appointment well in advance of your special event. This will ensure that time is set aside for you and your Estée Lauder Beauty Advisor to have a one-to-one discussion about your individual makeup needs. Click here to visit our Store Locator.
CAN YOU SEND ME A CATALOGUE WITH ALL ESTÉE LAUDER PRODUCTS?
We're sorry, Estée Lauder does not currently produce a product catalog. However, if you would like to view the complete selection of Estée Lauder products or shop online you may do so right here.
If you have questions about any of the Estée Lauder products you see, we invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Beauty Advisors can assist you in your product selections.
CAN I RETURN AN ONLINE PURCHASE TO A DEPARTMENT STORE?
Returns or exchanges for purchases made online may not be accepted for return or exchange at an Estée Lauder Counter. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your esteelauder.co.za purchase, contact our Customer care centre at email@example.com and we will assist you.
To view our return and exchange policy visit our Online Customer Service Center.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY ORDER?
For information on a specific order you've already placed, click here for your Order Status. Otherwise, read below for general details:
Orders shipped via Standard Shipping are delivered within 3-5 business days from the order's ship date. Most Standard orders are processed and shipped within 1-2 business days, depending on product availability. Please note: orders are shipped and delivered on business days only (Monday through Friday, except major holidays).
Express shipping may be offered at specific periods and at a nominal fee: Orders delivered via Express Shipping will be delivered Next Business day from time of receiving the order, in all major urban centres if order is placed before 8am on that day. Different time lines may apply to outlying areas and will be advertised accordingly when this service is offered.
Please note: orders are shipped and delivered on business days only (Monday through Friday, except major holidays).
DO YOU ACCEPT INTERNATIONAL ORDERS?
We're sorry, at this time we are unable to ship internationally or accept credit cards issued by international banks. We apologise for any inconvenience.
IS IT SAFE TO USE MY CREDIT CARD?
Our security responsibilities
At Esteelauder.co.za, we understand how important security is to you. There however is no such thing as “perfect securtiy”. We have to compromise between increased levels of security and the convenience to you in transacting with us.
We will ensure that:
- we host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
- the information you give to us that is stored on or passes through our systems is protected. Encryption is used to protect the personal information you give us. This includes using your credit card on our website (see below).
- the links from our systems to systems under the control of third parties (for example our payment gateway) are secure.
- regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in the case of a disaster.
- all access to our system is logged. If any unauthorised behavior should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
- we take reasonable steps to secure your payment information and use a payment system that is sufficiently secure with reference to accepted technological standards at the time of the transaction and the type of the transaction concerned.
Please note the following:
- The third parties whose systems we link to are responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on or passing through the systems under their control. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that our website and your information is not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites (addressed below).
- If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by information you provided to us, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
Your security responsibilities
- Install and activate appropriate security software on your computer. This should include anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-spam software.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses.
- Update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take to help protect your computer include:
Protecting your password
- Check your Internet browser’s security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- Make sure that you have entered secure pages when filling in your credit card details. Look for a small yellow lock commonly seen at the bottom right of your browser and http changes to https on the address bar.
- Sign out after you have transacted electronically.
Credit card information
Transacting with us electronically is safe and secure. It is much the same as transacting in person face-to-face.
All payers' credit card details are secured by secure sockets layer ("SSL") encryption whilst in transmission and reinforced through various encryption processes in order to provide protection for all sensitive payment information. We do not access any of the credit card details. These are encrypted and stored in Payu’s secure Payment Card Industry ("PCI") environment.
Once you begin the checkout process you will notice that the site URL will change from “http” to” https” and a small padlock will appear at the bottom of your screen. This is indicative of a secure Internet transaction, secured by our SSL digital certificate provided by Entrust.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology is the most advanced consumer online security technique to date. You can be assured that your order will be placed safely and securely. We have used government approved encryption software. To find out more about SSL encryption software go to: www.netscape.com/security/techbriefs/ssl.html?cp=sciln In order for encryption to take place, your browser must have the SSL protocol. The following browsers have this software:
PayU currently supports the Verified by Visa program and the MasterCard SecureCode program. You can still use your Visa or MasterCard credit card as payment for an Order, but we will not ask you to enter your Verified by Visa password or MasterCard SecureCode.
You must only log in to your account from a page that begins with www.esteelauder.co.za
We will never ask you to confirm your username and password or other sensitive information by clicking on any links in an email. Be aware of 'phishing' attacks where criminals attempt to obtain your sensitive information by sending you an email, masquerading as an email from us, asking you to access your account or verify information via links in the email, or diverting you to a fake Estee Lauder website. Please report any suspected phishing attacks to us immediately to prevent any harm to you or other users.
NOTE: We reserve the right to take whatever action we may deem necessary at any time to preserve the security and reliable operation of our system. You undertake not do (or permit anything to be done) that may compromise the system under our control.
WHAT IF I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE PROVIDING MY INFORMATION?
You may submit your order via telephone at +27 10 442 2972. Our customer service representatives are available on business days 9am to 4pm, excluding public holidays.
CAN ESTÉE LAUDER PROVIDE SAMPLES FOR MY CONFERENCE, SEMINAR, BRIDESMAIDS, OR PARTY, OR SO THAT I CAN TRY PRODUCTS BEFORE PURCHASING?
We're sorry, samples are not available for general distribution upon request. Periodically, sample offers are made to our registered members. We invite you to register with esteelauder.co.za today to begin enjoying all of the benefits of being a registered member.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Never send your password via email.
- Make your password as strong as possible.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Firefox 1.0.4 or higher
- Safari (MAC only)